Skip to main content

The 7 Last Words Worship Service


Happiness is being able to attend the 7 Last Words Worship Service this morning at San Andres Sports Complex in Manila. All the Methodists from the Southwest Metro Manila District attended. Bishop Daniel Arichea Jr. was our guest speaker. His very inspiring message once again reminded us of Jesus' sacrifice on the cross for the forgiveness of our sins. We were also inspired of his personal story from being an Atheist into knowing Christ and have not let go of Him in his life anymore. 


From the moment we arrived, it was overwhelming that we have already felt the dwelling of the Lord in our midst. We sat at the upper level of the sports complex so we had a good view of the whole congregation from our place. Normally, our church, would do traditional kind of worship. But today, it was different. The whole worship was contemporary that the choice of songs and readings were very powerful. I was in awe of God's strong movement that I was moved to tears when one of the pastors called everybody in front for the altar call. He asked all the pastors to come upfront to pray for each and everyone. My husband pastor went. Seeing that very scene touched my heart that I saw myself praying and laying my hands unto the people as well. The spirit of worship and the songs sang by the Praise and Worship team was all in the atmosphere. 

This experience today is not just happiness. It's an inner joy that no material things could ever give. I and Hubby came out feeling blessed and full of joy. Indeed, Jesus came and died for our sins because He loves us that much that He left His Holy Spirit for us to experience Him up to this present time. All the praises and power and glory to Jesus Christ alone. Amen. 

  Photobucket

Comments

  1. Feeling the presence of God is pure bliss! Have a blessed Easter! Here's my entry: http://www.pensivethoughts.com/2012/04/swimming-time-at-ascott-makati.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. have a blessed holiday.

    visiting for happiness is

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone of us has it own way of celebrating Christ's sacrifices to us. Regardless of how we do it always consider only the unconditional love of God to us. Have a Blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad that you had that opportunity to hear God's 7 Last Words. It's a reminder to us to be thankful for everything and for that great sacrifice God has done to us. Have a Blessed Easter Ning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is one huge worship! It's wonderful to have such experience. Our souls need that from time to time. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I miss the Easter celebration in the Philippines :-( It is more solemn compared here in America :-( glad that you had a wonderful time listening to GOD's word of wisdom :-) Dropping by from Happiness Is...

    http://www.tropical7107islands.com/2012/04/finally-my-us-passport-came.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulation, it will be nice to be part of it..

    Visiting for happiness- hope you can stop by:)

    http://www.heavenly-dreams.com/2012/04/easter-bunny-and-her-princess.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. there is not doubt that to be able to listen to the word of God is really happiness, dropping by for Happiness is, I hope you could pay me a visit at

    http://www.pinaysinglemomsnook.info/malling-with-my-son-niece/

    See you around!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ang daming attendees :) It's true that the source of real joy is God :')

    Hayan, heto na ang comment ko for Happiness Is. Pasyalan ko din memya yung iba mong new posts lalo na yung reviews mo ;) Feeling ko nanonood din ako ng movie pag nagbabasa dun kasi may spoiler. Hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. that's really great. :) must be nice to be there. visiting late from happiness is, hope you can visit me back. thanks and have a great week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. miss Rona, nangungumusta lang. Nice nail na naman hehe.. by the way, I just hit LIKE and followed this blog on Networked Blogs, if you can also follow mine, I would be very happy, cge na pls? www.gardeningismyhobby.com lang ang site na gusto ko you LIKE... tancho!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello there! Leave me some messages and I'll definitely reply on your blogs as well! Have fun!

Popular posts from this blog

My Wedding Dress

Hello everyone! Since I ran out of topics to blog about, I resorted to a thinking that I'd be blogging about everything that happened to my wedding, just recently (June 2011). From the things and needs that I bought, photos, to the memorabilias that I treasure. I hope you bear with me. Hihi! So here, I started it with my wedding dress! To refresh my memories, I bought this wedding gown on the month of my wedding already. It was 2 weeks before my big day! All I heard from my loved ones was blame because I haven't prioritized it but come on! It's because I was too busy planning everything. Huhu. ;( So, after several fittings in Divisoria,  here's what I liked the most. It could be very simple but it struck my heart when I tried it on. Well, you can tell since I'm a simple woman. This wedding dress is made from a pure white silk cloth and fine linings. There's not much design on it but I like how those sequins were sewn perfectly on top. With this wh

Valentine's Dinner Date

My hubby and I had an early Valentines dinner date which was last Sunday night. He always hate traffic which is expected on that sweet day. And so, he thought of having dinner with me earlier at Don Henrico's along Midtown Plaza! I was like grinning in excitement to taste this 14" pizza! I'm a pizza lover and my hubby exactly knows that. We also chose this special spot where there is this dim light so it looked even more romantic. Sorry, I only had taken a picture of the pizza for too much excitement to bite a slice. See that moved slice already? I was grabbing one when I remembered to take picture. And that couple in front of us wearing those exact same tshirt is an evidence that Valentines Day could be anytime! So fun! Just a very wise decision you two. You did the right thing of dating earlier just as we did! Linking with:  

Tagaytay Travel

Last two weeks ago, we had this 3-day conference for church workers in Manila Area which was held at CCT Tagaytay Retreat and Training Center - a fellowship/seminar/conference for the United Methodist Church workers. My husband, who is a Chinese pastor and I, a church musician, went and had the best experience there. We had the most and respectable speakers and lecturers who came and pastors from North Georgia were also present. Good thing that we were there and it was an awesome place! Not to mention the perfect cold weather that comforted us to sleep on those two nights. Since this Retreat and Training Center is new, which only started operating on June of last year, our church thought of doing our activity there. They had every facilities ready and of full service when we arrived. Almost a thousand delegates came and were happy of the venue! This training center is actually a project of Christian churches and organizations who thought of establishing this beautiful place and I mu