Skip to main content

Tips on Dressing Up for Tall Women this Summer




Dressing up is a very enjoyable stuff for women. It's what makes women's lives more colorful and exciting compared to men. Being fabulous in every way complements your body type and outlook in life better. But of course, women of tall and short heights differ when it comes to dressing up. There are do's and dont's that you need to follow in order not to look awkward. 

These tips are just from my own knowledge that work best for me. I am 5'4 in height and so these will help especially for tall women! (Not a model or an expert though!)

1. While loving your legs' length, there are different wardrobes that will totally highlight them. Enjoy wearing short skirts as well as pants that may go higher in like 4 inches above your knees. Casual attires like these is best to wear especially on this summer season. And also , they allow your legs to feel free and fresh.

2. Tight jeans matched with high heels always is my type! Although I already gained a little weight now, I still do wear tight jeans. It helps covering my flabby legs and still look good in shape. So girls with long legs will enjoy the look of wearing tight jeans or leggings in just about any bright color. Avoid using dark-colored and heavy clothed pants so as not to feel irritated with the summer heat. Choose light or bright colored wardrobes this summer as much as possible.

3. Shopping for tops is my hobby when I have time and money! Before, I didn't know how to choose tops for my body type. But then, searching the web helped me a lot! I now re-invent myself with bright colored tops! To be honest, just the other day, I went and enjoyed shopping cheap summer tops and belts! Love them! But you know, I have to consider my weight now so I get those not so tight blouses. Yeah, stripes and dots are really on trend these days so I got some. Though, I'm not a sleeveless-lover type of girl, I recommend you wearing them this summer too. They'll make you feel fresh and comfortable. So, get those summer outfits and enjoy wearing them!
4. Summer dresses are again out in the markets, department stores, and bargain sales! I enjoyed browsing some last time and they are so lovely! The length and designs made me flip! Plus those matching accessories made them so cute too. Since they're a bit pricey compared to tops, I was not able to buy due to tight budget but I will in the next coming weeks for sure. Summer dresses will make tall women look even taller and legs will be shown off when you choose the above the knee length. Just a hint though! Long summer dresses will make you look so much taller! I promise you. 

So there you go! I did not have the guts to take pictures of me because I'm a camera-shy-type-of-gal. LOL! Will have to tone down a bit of eating before I'll model myself. But that will still take a long shot so be patient on me. Hahaha! Enjoy!

Photobucket

Comments

  1. hello po. i have recently asked helped for my comment system. please po help me tweak the system because i have tried it and nothing happened. i even tried the site you gave me. but there were no changes in the comment system. i wanted the threaded comment system badly. thank you very much. :)))

    please send your reply in my email address. rolyn_636@yahoo.com ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take photos of yourself and post! Haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately I have short, stubby legs so I can't pull off most of those pretty clothes in the pics lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have long legged but never tried too short dresses and high heeled shoes .A tight fitting jeans would be okay ,I can carry it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am looking for how to dress tall Im kinda short, though this is cool

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tall or short, I think what's best is that girls aren't drowned on what they wear. I see some girls being "eaten" alive by their clothes that what you can see is only the dress and not the wearer. Lol!

    I'd love to see your own photos in future posts. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh for sure, I'll be wearing shorts this summer! init e!.. medjo half inch taller lang me sayo.. not found of wearing tight jeans though.. love your blouses!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so jealous over tall women. I just think that heels can't do better than being naturally tall though they help correct my posture.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sa init this summer talagang napilitan na akong magsleeveless at magshorts. I love those colored pants! Bright and happy colors is so perfect for this season~

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh how I envy tall women 'coz I am just short and cute he!he! But I think self-confidence is just one of the necessities in dressing up yourself, basta carry mo, go!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the colored skinny jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love those colorful jeans, kaso i don't usually go for too much color or those that attracts attention, usual maong jeans lang...

    ReplyDelete
  13. i dun have long legs, but i love wearing shorts and skirts. especially now that it's summer . the heaaatt of the sun is just too much lol

    i just wish we could wear shorts/skirts at school

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really good tips for women! I admire the different styles of dresses, jeans, among others.

    ReplyDelete
  15. tight jeans can really make a petite girl look tall.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello there! Leave me some messages and I'll definitely reply on your blogs as well! Have fun!

Popular posts from this blog

My Wedding Dress

Hello everyone! Since I ran out of topics to blog about, I resorted to a thinking that I'd be blogging about everything that happened to my wedding, just recently (June 2011). From the things and needs that I bought, photos, to the memorabilias that I treasure. I hope you bear with me. Hihi! So here, I started it with my wedding dress! To refresh my memories, I bought this wedding gown on the month of my wedding already. It was 2 weeks before my big day! All I heard from my loved ones was blame because I haven't prioritized it but come on! It's because I was too busy planning everything. Huhu. ;( So, after several fittings in Divisoria,  here's what I liked the most. It could be very simple but it struck my heart when I tried it on. Well, you can tell since I'm a simple woman. This wedding dress is made from a pure white silk cloth and fine linings. There's not much design on it but I like how those sequins were sewn perfectly on top. With this wh

Valentine's Dinner Date

My hubby and I had an early Valentines dinner date which was last Sunday night. He always hate traffic which is expected on that sweet day. And so, he thought of having dinner with me earlier at Don Henrico's along Midtown Plaza! I was like grinning in excitement to taste this 14" pizza! I'm a pizza lover and my hubby exactly knows that. We also chose this special spot where there is this dim light so it looked even more romantic. Sorry, I only had taken a picture of the pizza for too much excitement to bite a slice. See that moved slice already? I was grabbing one when I remembered to take picture. And that couple in front of us wearing those exact same tshirt is an evidence that Valentines Day could be anytime! So fun! Just a very wise decision you two. You did the right thing of dating earlier just as we did! Linking with:  

Tagaytay Travel

Last two weeks ago, we had this 3-day conference for church workers in Manila Area which was held at CCT Tagaytay Retreat and Training Center - a fellowship/seminar/conference for the United Methodist Church workers. My husband, who is a Chinese pastor and I, a church musician, went and had the best experience there. We had the most and respectable speakers and lecturers who came and pastors from North Georgia were also present. Good thing that we were there and it was an awesome place! Not to mention the perfect cold weather that comforted us to sleep on those two nights. Since this Retreat and Training Center is new, which only started operating on June of last year, our church thought of doing our activity there. They had every facilities ready and of full service when we arrived. Almost a thousand delegates came and were happy of the venue! This training center is actually a project of Christian churches and organizations who thought of establishing this beautiful place and I mu